29.12.10


Collection 100,
Contours

My initial idea was to somehow encorporate contour mapping into this project, maybe by documenting places relevant to my life and portraying these areas through contour graphs. Some really exciting prints could stem from this, experimenting with simple colour and line, maybe bounding them together into a fold out map.

I stumbled across some relevant works from illustrator Arthur Mount that start to show the kind of style I would want to work towards, in a more graph based mannor.



My issue with taking this idea any further is partially due to the gathering of primary research, but I really have a strong idea of how the final product could turn out and this could have a negative impact on research and development stages. Thinking I know what needs to be done may lead me to ignore and adopt a more narrow-minded attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment