12.11.11

MTN 94

Again from the Montana group, MTN 94 are one of the companies more recent endeavours. A project to craft a paint that would be far superior to what the industry had seen before. Released in 2009, the paint was named after the companies launch in 1994 and has by far one of the best aesthetics in terms of current paint cans on the market.



The 94 6-pack boxes are simple, but at the same time very representative of the identity. Partcularly feeling the die-cut 94 stencil in the side of the box, I want to produce packaging for my cans that visually correlates with the brand and I'm definitely looking to keep the visuals of my design to a minimal, most likely using only 2 or 3 spot colours in order to keep the costing low. I still have some development to go before I can start mocking up designs. 


One thing I have noticed on all cans across the market is a LOT of very small text, presumably for safety and legal reasons (something ill be looking into), and usually in various languages. An aspect of the design I can't dismiss if I want to get my product looking as professional as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment