20.3.12

Guardian

I annoyingly found this earlier today, a rather colourful advertising campaign from The Guardian, reiterating the concept that they like to acquire all angles on topics before presenting them as fact. They thrive on interactivity with regards to opinions from the public and other practising journalists and how they are free to say whatever they want. I think because they are 'owned by none' they could potentially be seen as being able to put out opinion as fact and deliver stories in persuasive ways. It is imperative for them to be seen as delivering the truth over opinions, which in my opinion, this campaign does really quite well.






My annoyance with finding this particular campaign comes from my recent experiments with the 'i' logo, creating a visually attractive identity incorporating colour and repetitive i logo's, which one could see as being heavily influenced by these! As similar as it could be seen to be, I think once the appropriate colours are used in correlation to the 'i' magazine's colour coding the outcomes will be far enough apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment