13.3.12

Million

The million dollar homepage was an ingenious idea by a young entrepreneur looking to pay off his uni debts and earn himself a bit of money. As simple a dollar a pixel, the minimum purchase was 100 pixels at $100. Soon after, it's popularity outgrew pixel space and the guy was a millionaire.

My attention here however, is drawn to 'The Times', consuming a rather considerable space for a UK newspaper. It's interesting to see how papers put themselves in the public domain and I found this particularly interesting as most of the content on the homepage would be considered as 'spam' by the majority of online users. None the less I'm sure it's been a beneficial move on behalf of The Times, and although advertising space on this particular website is maxed out, it's got me thinking of obscure ways to get the 'I' across to the public, more specifically students.


No comments:

Post a Comment