6.5.12

Tarateeb


Although I'm looking at the retail side of graphic design for fashion, more specifcally smaller, independant retailers, I don't want to dismiss branding projects I find just because they're not entirely relevant. Tarateeb - apparently 'is a slang word that has different meanings for different young people, every person has a unique understanding for it, and that is appropriate for our audience and the brand essence.' - I believe this might be the case from an Arabic point of view but after speaking to a few friends here, we were sure we hadn't come across the term anywhere.


For a casual/sports brand, I think the branding is quite appropriate, it does lean slightly towards looking like a corporate banking letterhead, but when photographed in context, ie. on bags and swing tags, it has a much more professional feel about it.


I'm working with a logo that already exists, and in turn have got a rather tight constraints with the experimentation, I need to keep that initial impact true to the nature of the brand and communicate exactly what they're about.



No comments:

Post a Comment