30.1.12

databend

So I've been looking into loads of glitch sources and ways to achieve this kind of aesthetic for my current motion graphic project, throughout my searching I've seen the term 'databending' popping up all over the place.  - From the first search it turned out there are a fair few people creating distorted imagery from applying certain techniques to existing file types - databending.



Not only pictures are being experimented with in this 'databending' style, there are a load of motion graphic pieces from people taking normal video clips and 'databending' through audio programmes such as Audacity.
Once your head's around importing photos into text editors, video clips into audio software doesn't seem that strange, and some of the outcomes are pretty nifty. I was reading a post in which someone claimed applying the text edit technique to complicated vector files can create some coll effects too.

This example below is exactly the kind of aesthetic I want to include into some of my motion work, it's a shame it is a video file but I'm hoping there must be a way to achieve such a visual using after effects. What is so particularly enticing about this video is the change of direction and pattern as the frequencies change.

No comments:

Post a Comment