16.10.12

Revolution

Trying to develop a name for the FBOTF brief, is proving hard. I keep mixing and matching words related to the proposed principles of the brand but many are turning out sounding very foreign or too alike current fashion labels. A few of todays; ADET, TAILE, AFFRIL all of which are pretty appalling.

The screen shot below is a snap from wikipedia; the brief talks about capturing our achievements, particularly those throughout the industrial revolution, so I thought looking into the Textile manufacture history might help...

























It was interesting reading about the machinery used such as; the spinning wheel, hand loom, Spinning machine and the flyer-and-bobbin. I really like the name flyer-and-bobbin, not necessarily for for a brand name, I think it just rolls of the tongue nicely.

I haven't really considered using a double barrel name, although I feel this could work, I just need to come up with relevant words without sounding overly cheesy. The problem I'm finding whilst researching is that many of the top brands in fashion are simply designers names, either shortened or parts of - the only relevant name to the design at the moment is my own, and I'm ruling that out as an option immediately.

Although, maybe the idea of a name isn't so bad. I might look into people that had a massive influence to the industrialisation of Britain, maybe even with regards to textile advancement. Again though, I have to remember it's a fashion brand of the future, and not reminisce on the past too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment