29.12.11

List

I thought a good starting point would probably be gathering a list of these retro games, not only the ones I used to play but my peers and families eperiences with them too. I want to make sure I dont spend my entire time looking at these games, although important, I want to stick with the idea of glitchy/pixelated imagery, hopefully finding some really interesting images, facts and other random things for inspiration and design progression.

But back to the list, I started with those I could remember, asked my friends and family, working my way up to the world wide web. I didnt want to just jump straight on the internet to find a list, I wanted to see how many of these iconic games came to the table (so to speak) purely from their iconic history.


Tetris
Pong
Donkey Kong?
Space Invaders
Street Fighter
007
Sonic
Zool
PacMac


Bomberman
Mortal Kombat
Duck Hunt
Super Mario
Final Fantasy
Metal slug
Asteroids
Breakout
Legend of Zelda


Snow Bros.
Contra
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Snake (forgot about that one)!
Frogger (and that one)!
Asteroids
Centipide
Missile Command
Doom
Sim City 2000
Mega Man


I'm sure there are loads more out there that need to be considered, but it's got me wondering about a title to choose for my title sequence - 'top ten retro games' could be a bit simple, I could probably pick ten from this list that could be considered 'the top ten', although it's more about the visual investigation and design process so I won't ponder on it just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment