9.12.11

Still

I came across these abandoned monuments from Yugoslavia. They instantly screamed 'collide' to me - jagged, abstract concrete blocks and structures with compositions that I consider to be architectural gold. I'm sure some of these designs could feel at home twenty years from now, although they were commissioned in the 1960s and 70s by former Yugoslavian president Josip Broz to commemorate sites where WWII battles took place or concentration camps stood. - This further reinforces the concept of 'collide' to me, collision between countries and values resulting in war.

It's this kind of abstract geometrical design that always catches my eye and influences the way I work, I don't want to numb myself to solely looking at moving image throughout this module, I think many elements from other mediums hold a massive input to the idea and concept stages of current and future projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment